The NeckSafe training course can be undertaken online via our eLearning interface, or as a face-face course for ten or more people.
Happily the key points can be explained (and taught) in as little as 3 minutes!
Suspect a “SPINAL” injury
S suspicious injury mechanism
- Fall > 1 metre or 5 stairs
- Axial load to head e.g. diving
- MVA > 100km/hr, roll-over or ejection
- Collision involving pedestrians or recreational vehicles e.g. quad bike, jet-ski, bicycle or skateboard
P pain or tenderness in midline spinal region
I intoxication with medication, alcohol or illicit drugs
N numbness, tingling or either sensory or motor loss
A any distracting painful injury
L level of consciousness alteration
Send for help….NOW!!!
Reassure the injured person
Head in Neutral Position
Manual Inline Support
- Cervical Collar
- Head Immobilisation Device (“headbed”)