How to use
As part of an overall concussion management program, neurocognitive tests can be of significant assistance.
A comprehensive program to involve consultation and education of all those involved in sports where concussion may occur as well is an appropriate plan for testing individuals pre-season, post injury and during the return to play process.
These tests are part of an overall evaluation of a player and assist rather than replace clinical judgement.
- First, develop a comprehensive concussion program for your clinic/school/team
- Education on the issues?stay current?rapidly evolving topic
- Appropriate plan for testing
- Pre-season/year or at commencement
- Post-injury evaluation
- Physician to interpret the testing
- Do not treat to the test
- Do not just use computer results/summary score…..include as part of overall picture