- Immediate Postconcussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing
- Computerised test
- Takes about 25 minutes to complete
- Baseline tests are suggested every two years
- If a concussion is suspected, the baseline report will serve as a comparison to a repeat ImPACT test
- The management of concussions should only be conducted by trained medical professionals.
- ImPACT’s studies have indicated the verbal memory, visual memory, processing speed, reaction time and symptom scores assist in making a determination between concussed and non-injured individuals.
The impact test Is comprised of four sections and provides a graphical output of five parameters which are combined into a total symptom composite.
Section 1: Demographic Profile and Health History Questionnaire
Section 2: Current Concussion Symptoms and Conditions
Section 3: Baseline and Post-Injury Neurocognitive Tests
Section 4: Graphic Display of ImPACT Test Scores
The impact test result is then made available to the treating doctor.